- The tentative technical program is constructed of oral and multimedia presentations delivered online in dedicated virtual sessions (i.e. rooms).
- Oral Presentation
- Will be provided in real-time LIVE (i.e. by sharing the screen).
- Authors should prepare a 10-minute in-person oral-style presentation.
- Virtual attendees will be able to ask questions during the oral session.
- To avoid technical issues and no show difficulties, we encourage all authors to prepare also a recorded video presentation (no longer than 10 minutes) and to submit it NO LATER THAN 10 of July 2021.
- Virtual attendees will be able to view the recorded presentation materials at any time during the conference and to ask questions via the symposium website.
- The video's quality is the author's responsibility and it should not exceed 10 minutes.
- Multimedia Presentation
- Is composed of recorded video.
- Authors should prepare a video presentation no longer than 5 minutes.
- Due to the need to validate the quality and length of the recorded video, the authors are required to submit them by June 16, 2021.
- The recorded video will be presented in a virtual panel, in which attendees may ask questions to the authors.
- Virtual attendees will also be able to view the multimedia materials at any time during the conference and to ask questions via the symposium website.
- Please submit your 5 minute multimedia video as soon as possible after you register and NO LATER THAN 16 of June 2021. This submission deadline cannot be extended.
- Please submit 10 minute video of your oral presentation as soon as possible after you register and NO LATER THAN 10 of July 2021.
- Your presentation will be made available only to registered Symposium attendees for a limited period of time.
There are several tools available to easily record a presentation.
The simplest is to create a Voice Over PowerPoint presentation:
and convert it to MP4
Alternatively, you can use a software suite such as Camtasia to achieve a similar result.
Finally, you can use any meeting software, as long as you have a recording of good quality and your final file is in the MP4 format. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
Audio/Video File Requirements
- All files must be in MP4 Format
- Duration: A maximum of 5 minutes for multimedia presentations; A maximum of 10 minutes for oral presentations
- Format: MP4
- Dimensions: Minimum height 480 pixels
- File size: Maximum 100 MB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (widescreen format)
Tips for recording
- Check that your final video and audio plays directly in common web browsers like Chrome/Chromium, Firefox, etc. by dragging the video file onto a browser window. You may need to re-encode the video file with different parameters if there is no audio or video portion played on the web browser.
- Use as quiet an area as possible.
- Avoid areas that have echo:
- Rooms should be fairly small;
- Sound dampening with carpeting, curtains, furniture.
- Hardline internet connections are highly recommended, but if unavailable, a strong Wi-Fi connection should do the job.
- A good headset with a microphone set close to your mouth BUT away from direct line of mouth to reduce “pops”. Try to avoid using default, built-in microphones on your computer, if possible.
- Do a test recording of a couple of minutes and review the sound and picture quality, in the MP4 format, and check the bit rate before recording your entire presentation. Make adjustments as needed.
Uploading Your Presentation Video and other Media Files
In addition to the video presentation, IGARSS 2021 allows authors to upload other types of media to be used with the virtual presentation.
||An MP4 video, 10 minutes long for oral-style presentations, or 5 minutes long for multimedia presentations, of your presentation. Please read the Video Preparation Instructions above for more detailed formatting requirements.
||A text transcription of your video presentation, following the WebVTT format. If provided, this will be used to enable the closed-caption feature in the video playback. Create a WebVTT file at https://www.vtt-creator.com/
||A single photograph of the presenter or authors. Dimensions should be no larger than 1024 pixels in either height or width, and should be in PNG or JPEG format only.
||A PDF or Powerpoint file containing your slides used in the presentation.
Only ONE file of each type may be submitted. New uploads will REPLACE existing uploads of the same type.
Authors will be required to electronically sign a Consent and Release statmement, which grants the symposium the permission to receive, display, and archive the media files submitted for use during the virtual symposium.
After you have prepared your MP4 video file and any of the other optional media click the Upload Media button below and login with your Paper Number and Paper Password found in your paper submission confirmation email or the review results acceptance notification email.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com